Memory Work: The three types of muscles are: Smooth, Cardiac and Skeletal
1) Smooth muscle – controlled by the autonomic nervous system; may either be generally inactive and then respond to neural stimulation or hormones or may be rhythmic
2) Cardiac muscle – found in the heart, acts like rhythmic smooth muscle, modulated by neural activity and hormones
3) Skeletal muscle – move us around and responsible for most of our behavior; most attached to bones at each end via tendons
1. Trace each child’s hand on white paper.
2. Cut 14 small pieces of straw for each hand.
3. String yarn through each set of three pieces of straw, two for the thumb.
4. Tape the straw pieces onto the hands.
5. Tape the top of the string under each finger.
6. The muscles are ready to pull the bones, straw pieces, of the fingers!